All pending and finished runs, launched from the Inputs page, are listed in the Velocity section of your Transformation Center project.
The key elements of the table are the Velocity versions on which you have run one or several Velocity transformations. All runs are located under one of these Velocity versions, with the name you provided at configuration time. You can find some information about your runs on the table, for example, the start/end dates on which we have launched the run, the owner of this run and the number of processed files.
We display the status of the run on the table and can be:
- In Progress: The run started and not finished yet;
- Error: The run has finished but something wrong happened during the process;
- Done: The run has finished and has run until its end.
Under the run, you can find three entries corresponding to the actions you selected during the launch of the velocity run: Transform, Refactor and Generate. The status of these actions can be:
- Pending: The action has not yes started because it is waiting for the completion of another step;
- In Progress: The action has started and is not finished yet;
- Error: The action has finished but something wrong happened during the process;
- Aborted: The action has been aborted because a previous one is in “Error“;
- Status Bar: The action is complete. The status column contains a summary of all files or inputs statuses. A tooltip with the following format is present for each sub-part: percentage–number of status.
Under each action with a status bar, you can find entries for each Velocity output file selected to be transformed into that Run. The status for each file can be:
- Ignored: This file has been ignored by the action, and it has created no output;
- Pass through: this step has not changed this file, and outputs are exactly the same as the inputs. This status is useful for the Refactoring action which may not have changed the file depending on the configured refactoring;
- Fatal: An unexpected error occurred during the transformation of this file, and it has generated no output;
- Error: An error occurred during the transformation of this file, and it could not generate some of the expected outputs;
- Warning: The transformation generated all expected outputs for this file, but some elements might need to be looked upon;
- Success: The transformation generated all expected outputs for this file and it has detected nothing suspicious.
As soon as a status has changed for one element of the table, we automatically refresh the table to provide the new information.
In order to see the files of type Velocity Includes used during your Run, select your run and click on Show Includes from the options shown.
A pop-up will display a page listing all your Velocity Includes. You can filter your data (see Filters).
You can view the technical logs corresponding to an action by selecting this action in the table and select the “View Log” button on the bottom.
A read-only editor will show up to consult the produced log outputs.
This is especially useful for debugging purpose or for understanding the Failed status of a run.
Downloading your outputs is essential since it is the last step in the transformation process. You can download output elements by selecting them on the table and clicking on the “Download Outputs” button on the bottom.
Depending on the element you select, the downloaded elements will be different:
- One or multiple files: If you select one or multiple files, you will get the outputs that strictly relate to this/these files of the run;
- An action without its files: If you only select an action, you will get the common files that this action has generated, i.e. files that are not related to the inputs you have selected;
- An action and some/all its files: If you select an action with some of its files, you will get the common files for this action and the output files related to each of the files you have selected;
- Multiple actions with/without files: If you select multiple actions at once, you will get the outputs for each of these actions based on the previous rules, each located under a different folder.
This button displays the raised issues (if any) of one or multiple files. It is visible on selected Actions (Transform, Refactor and Generate), and files.
Issues are loaded in the Issues tab of the Velocity module.
During the transformation process, you may need to launch multiple runs, and it’s useful to delete some of them along the way to have a clean look at your project. Moreover, you won’t be able to keep more than 50 runs in your projects. In order to delete runs, you can select one or multiple runs and click on the “Delete” button on the bottom. After confirmation, your runs will be deleted and will not appear on the table anymore.
During the transformation process, you may need to re-launch runs which are blocked in progress for a long time or failed. In order to relaunch a run, you can select it and click on the “Re-launch” button on the bottom. After confirmation, your run will be re-launched and will appear “In progress” in the table.
Note that re-launching a run is not possible if its Velocity version is no longer available.
If you encounter this situation, try to launch a new run with a newer Velocity version.