The last BluInsights Batch (our 4-weeks dev cycle) has been intense and exciting. We have been working on a mix of your requests/feedback, new features and a bunch of improvements & bug fixes. The outcomes are packed in a new release called Fody.
- Drag mode: It is now possible to drag a selection of nodes by clicking anywhere on the graph.
- Layout: Node spacing has been improved to automatically adapt nodes spacing with respect to the number of nodes and links.
- Nodes Group: Nodes sharing common properties (i.e. workpackages, labels, types and status) can be highlighted within groups with customized colors.
- Links type: Links between nodes has a type that indicated the nature of the link between nodes (ex: call, exec, copy…)
- Improved performances: The duration of mainframe dependencies analysis has been drastically reduced especially for large projects.
- New charts have been added (e.g. Documents & Issues per workpackage and per status)
- It is now possible to filter the content of any dashboard.
- Filters: More columns are now supported (e.g. issues).
- Import/Export: More columns have been added both to the Excel import and export.
- Test Capture: Connect BluInsights to your mainframe environment and manage (execute, store, edit…) your DB2 Queries to dump test datasets.
- Website & documentation: A beta version of the new website and documentation have been released (all the pages will be available by end of June at the latest).
- Estimates: It is now possible to calculate estimates in BluInsights 2 (So far the beta version is being validated by a pool of testers).
- Security & roles: Security, roles and permissions have been improved to allow a better control on access management.
- Performance Improvements: You should notice an important improvement of loading time especially for large projects (if not, you can always read the funnies 😊)